Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ode to a Greek Pot

My final assignment for my Humanities class was to decorate an ancient Greek pot. This was by far the worst project I have ever had in my entire lift. Luckily, I have the best man a girl could ask for and he helped me paint it. All in all, I spent over 12 hours on this thing (writing a paper included). There was a lot of Dr. Pepper involved.....However, it was all worth it in the end when a got a 95! But still, we are going to smash it later.
I decided to post pictures of this great pot in progress.

Beginning  - Vase purchased at Michaels

Handles molded out of clay



7 Layers of terra cotta paint


Side 1: goddess Athena

Side 2: chariot race


2 comments:

  1. that is amazing. seriously. it looks like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with what Laura has declared. I almost don't want to smash it now. After spending so much time meticulously crafting such a lovely piece of art, I almost feel like it has become a part of my life! Oh, and that guy of yours sure sounds like a champ. You should probably hold on to him!

    ReplyDelete